Jo Kenney, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN, SRES
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
Sindy Ready, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN, SRES
RE/MAX Excalibur Realty
Melissa Zimbelman, PMN
LUXE International Realty
Las Vegas, NV
Sherri Souza, CRS, GRI, PMN
Independent Women Brokers
|Executive Vice President:
Gary Krysler, CAE
Women's Council of REALTORS®
Immediate Past President: Anita Davis,ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN
Long & Foster Real Estate
2014 REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENTS
Region 1: KY, NC, TN, VA, WV
Brenda E. Brewster, ABR, GRI, PMN
Century 21 Select Properties, LLC
Region 2: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
Maria A. Salvador, GRI, PMN, SRES
Keganivo Group, Ltd.
Harwood Heights, IL
Region 3: IA, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD
Carole Harris, ABR, ABRM, CRS, GREEN, GRI, MGRI
Reece & Nichols REALTORS, Kearney
Region 4: AZ, CO, MT, NV, UT, WY
Amy Shocket, ABR, CRS, GREEN, GRI, PMN
Region 5: CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
Region 6: DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA
Charlotte Van der Waag
Williston Park, NY
Region 7: AL, FL, GA, MS, SC
Joan S. Shanks, ABR, GRI
Region 8: AK, CA, HI, ID, OR, WA
Tammy Newland-Shishido, GRI, PMN
Keller Williams Realty
Los Alamitos, CA
Region 9: AR, LA, NM, OK, TX
Sylvia Seabolt, ABR, PMN
The Dream Connectors, Inc.
2014 STEERING COMMITTEES
Communication & Outreach
Chair: Robyn Walker, GRI (Troy, MI)
Vice-chair: Audrey Lackie, GRI, PMN, SRES (Jacksonville Beach, FL)
Lola Audu, CRS, GRI (Grand Rapids, MI)
Erin Barry, GREEN, PMN (Long Beach, CA)
Nancy Garcia, GRI, SRES (Richardson, TX)
Deborah Gilmore, ABR, GRI, PMN, SRES (Marietta, GA)
Karen O'Donnell (Pepper Pike, OH)
Effective Chapter Operations
Chair: Kerri Hartnett, GREEN, GRI, PMN (Portland, OR)
Vice-chair: Marianne Osberg, PMN (Burlingame, CA)
Brenda Brewster, ABR, GRI, PMN (Knoxville, TN)
Diana Braun, PMN (Raleigh, NC)
Debra Hall, GREEN, GRI, PMN (Traverse City, MI)
Diane McCombs, ABR, GRI, PMN, SRES (Ocala, FL)
Margo Willis, GREEN, GRI, PMN, SRES (Tacoma, WA)
Leadership Development & Influence
Chair: Jamie Saltman, GRI, PMN, SRES (Long Beach, CA)
Vice-chair: Ethel O'Dell, ABR, GRI, PMN (Houston, TX)
Johna Beall, CRS, GREEN, GRI, PMN, SRES (Bothell, WA)
Anita Davis, ABR, CRS, GRI, PMN (Baltimore, MD)
Beverly Fenello, ABR, SRES (Atlanta, GA)
Rebecca Thomson, ABR (Chicago, IL)
Jennifer Vucetic, GREEN, PMN (Loudonville, NY)
Chair: Pamela Banks, PMN (Wellington, FL)
Vice-chair: Barbara Lasky, GRI, PMN (Tucson, AZ)
Gia Arvin, CRS, GRI, PMN (Gainesville, FL)
Ann DeFries (Boca Raton, FL)
Heather Schafer Adkins (Bel Air, MD)
Angie Simpson (Long Beach, CA)
Deena Zimmerman (Chicago, IL)
NATIONAL FOCUS - LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
STATE CHAPTER COMMITMENT TO LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
One of the essential roles of all state chapters is leadership development. The Missouri State Chapter provides mentoring and coaching support to local WCR Chapters and their leaders. In all of its activities, the Missouri State Chapter provides networking opportunities, forums, etc. for local leaders to learn from each other, share information, work on issues of concern, etc. The Missouri State Chapter is part of the leader identification and cultivation process for local, state and national leadership positions:.
- Use tools developed by national (e.g., leadership criteria, systems, checklists, etc.) and consult with local chapters on leadership development processes and strategies.
- Create a ‘swat’ team that can help local chapters address critical issues.
- Observe emerging leadership and recommend candidates for national leadership opportunities via the Missouri State Chapter's National Focus Committee.
- Coach and mentor WCR member for individual achievement.
- Ensure that any event held by the Missouri State Chapter includes tangible opportunities for networking and relationship building.
NATIONAL FOCUS STANDING COMMITTEE
The Committee Chairman and a minimum of 2 REALTOR® members are appointed by the Missouri State Chapter President. The incoming Missouri State Chapter President reports the name of the Chair to the national Vice President of Membership each year in December. The Chairman and the members should have extensive Women’s Council knowledge and experience (local, state and national). The Committee is responsible for:
- Exploring ways to gain national prominence for the state, through networking and participation, and to keep members informed of national issues and opportunities.
- Identifying, developing and positioning qualified members for national leadership roles.
- Encouraging attendance and participation at State and National Meetings.
- Submit Recommendations to National WCR by May 1 of each year.
INVITE A NATIONAL OFFICER
INVITE A NATIONAL OFFICER
To invite a national WCR Officer, notify State President Barbara Keethey and prepare the invitation package. For invitation, click on Invite a National Officer.
PREPARING FOR THE NATIONAL OFFICER’S VISIT
Before the National Officer Arrives:
- Make the hotel reservation in the Officer’s name so her office and family can reach them. Their accommodation should be the hotel’s best available single room. Room, tax and incidentals should be charged to your meeting’s master account. The Officer should not be asked to post a credit card upon check-in or check-out.
- Send a news release to your local media (include local and state REALTOR® publications)
- Arrange for media coverage of the Officer’s visit
- Choose a small gift for the Officer as a remembrance of their visit (National has a list of ideas)
- Assign a host to be with the Officer during their visit
- Arrange complimentary tickets to all WCR function
- At least two weeks before the meeting, e-mail the National Office and the Officer the final meeting agenda, the name and phone number of the person picking her up at the airport and the hotel confirmation number.
Day of Arrival:
- Before picking up the Officer at the airport, check on their hotel accommodations. Check into the room for their and make sure their room charges are set to be charged to your master account.
- Depending on budget, have flowers and/or refreshments in the Officer’s room with a welcome note
- Verify flight arrival status.
- Meet the Officer in the baggage claim area and have a placard with the Officer’s name for easy identification.
After the Officer Arrives:
- If time permits, the Officer may wish to rest and/or unpack first. Find out their preference. The Officer is there to meet the members and wants to be with you or the group so don’t allow for too much unscheduled time.
- Confirm with the Officer the scheduling of their activities (what they will be doing, when, where and with whom)
- Seat the Officer at the head table at all WCR functions and, if possible, at any other REALTOR® functions they attend.
- Arrange for someone to take the Officer to the airport at the end of their trip. If it is necessary for them to stay an extra night due to their itinerary, plan to have dinner with them and for them to be taken to the airport the next day.
NATIONAL STAFF CONTACT LIST
General Telephone: 800-245-8512
General E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Krysler, CAE
Executive Vice President
WCR Chicago Office
Manager, Meetings & Special Events
Ticketed Events at WCR Meetings
National Meetings & Meeting Planning
National Meeting Sponsors
Director, Finance & Operations
Accounting Records (Payables & Receivables)
WCR Affinity Programs
Martha J. Rusk
Vice President, Member Services
Leadership Policy & Procedure Manual
Technology Services (including Web site)
Annual Business Meeting, including Nominations &
Local & State Chapter Bylaws
Membership Renewal Notices
New Chapters / Chapter Formation Kits
Reporting of New Chapter Officers
Chapter Management Center
Businesswoman of the Year Award
Member Services Coordinator
Membership Applications & Brochures
Name, Address, Telephone, E-mail, Web site changes
Chapter Membership Rosters
New Member Processing
State Chapter Convention Kits
Performance Management Network Designation Program
National Meeting Education Programs
Web site education/programming
Chapter Excellence Awards Program
State Members of the Year
Education & Meetings Coordinator
Performance Management Designation Administration
Meeting Minutes & Records
National Officer Travel
Marketing and Publications
eConnections Editorial and Advertising
Web site Advertising
NATIONAL LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Finance & Budget Committee
Strategic Forum Chairman, Vice Chairman and Steering Committee Member
Program Committee Chairman, Vice Chairman and Committee Member
Leadership Academy Faculty
Committee Liaisons to National Association of REALTORS®
Inspiration at a National Meeting
Pledge of Allegiance at a National Meeting
Annual Business Meeting/Election Volunteers
Contribute an Article to eConnect
Learning Lab Facilitator
Introduce Education Speakers/Learning Lab Facilitator at National Events
Panelists at Forums